Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday briefs - Evans Woodworking chapter 9


Chapter 9 of my new Wednesday Brief's story is now on line. You can read it by clicking here.

If you have just come across my blog and would like to read the entire story, you can click here to get to the Wednesday briefs page.

This week I chose the prompt '(insert name here)'s/his/her get-up-and-go got up and went.'

Here is a sneak peek at what you'll find in chapter 9:



The judge placed a memory card into his viewer and reviewed all of the facts regarding the case in front of him. Privately, the judge thought with all the improvements to the criminal justice system, the old-fashioned court system is still the most effective way to deal with criminals. “Will the prosecuting attorney please make her opening remarks?”

“Thank you, Your Honor. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client, Mr. Ethan Evans was the victim of a hit-and-run. He suffered a broken back, fractured pelvis, multiple trauma injuries and a hole cut into his skull. In addition we have irrefutable evidence that my client was raped multiple times and infected with the HIV virus by the defendant. I intend to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the defendant is guilty of all charges and specifications. I am confident that you will as well, dispensing justice for my client. Thank you.”

Objection! Irrelevant My client has already confessed to the hit-and-run.”

“Moves to motivation, Your Honor.”

“Overruled.” The judge declared. “Please proceed with your opening statement.”

“Thank you, Your Honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment