Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday briefs - Evan's Woodworking chapter 2


Chapter 2 of my new Wednesday Brief's story is now on line. You can read it by clicking here.

If you have just come across my blog and would like to read the entire story, you can click here to get to the Wednesday briefs page.

This week I used the prompt “I may love you, but you can damn well pick up your own dirty underwear”

Here's a sneak peek at what you'll find in chapter 2:


In practically no time at all Ethan had the estimates ready. He called the client and gave them both estimates. When asked which option would be better, he responded, “The wood is in really good shape. It’s solid wood, not that veneer-covered pressboard crap. I really don’t think that a complete rebuild is necessary. All it really needs is sanding down and refinishing. I like to give my customers the option of restoration or a complete rebuild.

“Some pieces of furniture that have come through here needed to be rebuilt from scratch. This is not one of those cases. Okay. Restoration it is. It will take a couple of weeks, no more. The trickiest part is going to find a wood stain that matches the current stain. Use a different stain? Yeah I can do that. I tell you what. Why don’t you come by and take a look at the different stains I have here. If you don’t like any of them, I have samples of the other available stains. I only keep the most popular ones here. Okay, great. I’ll get started sanding it down right away. Bye, now.”

He turned to Patrick, who was staring at him, mouth agape. “Is that all you have to do to make it look like new? Sand it down and put new stain on it?”

No comments:

Post a Comment