Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday briefs - Love Across Time chapter 30


Chapter 30 of my Wednesday briefs story, Love Across Time is now up. You can read it by clicking here.

If you have just come across my blog and would like to read the entire story, you can click here to get to the Wednesday briefs page.

Here is a sneak peek at what you'll find in chapter 30:

“Yes, Ethan, come in and have a seat. I have a special assignment for you. In a few minutes we’re going to have a special guest who wants to meet you and discuss your work. Because of your unique situation, I ask that you only discuss your job, and do not leave the conference room until the meeting is over.”

“Okay.”

“Please head on down to the conference room. I’ll have someone bring our guest there shortly.” As soon as Ethan left, Duncan contacted the control room. “Tell Ryan to bring Chris to the conference room, please.”

* * * *

Chris held back while Ryan entered the conference room. “Ethan, are you ready to meet our guest?”

“Uh, yeah, I guess so,” the nervousness in Ethan’s voice was quite evident.

Ryan gave Ethan a supportive hug then went to open the door. “Please come in,” he said as he stepped out of the doorway.

Ethan rose to greet the visitor when Chris walked in grinning. He stood there in shock for a few moments before rushing Chris and pulling him into a rib-crushing hug. “I-I-I can’t believe you’re here,” he exclaimed, tears running down his face. “I’ve missed you more than you can imagine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment