Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Heading Down The Long Road chapter 13

Chapter 13 of Heading Down The Long Road (the 4th book in The Long Road series) is up. You can find the chapter here.

If you have not read the first 12 chapters yet, you can find them here.

Here's a little preview of what you'll find:

Both men looked at Doctor Madison, expectantly. “The first thing I think we should do is get you hooked up with a mental health worker. What you’ve been through and what you will be going through during your physical rehab will take a toll on you physically, mentally and emotionally. I’m sure Greg is more than capable of taking care of your emotional needs and will be invaluable in helping you with your mental needs since he’s been through a similar experience, but there may be things he might not be able to help you with as much as he would want to.

“There’s absolutely nothing wrong with needing a little professional help on occasion. It’s not a sign of weakness or mental problems. Sometimes you just need to talk to a therapist.”

“That’s so true,” Greg said, “I had a therapist while I was going through my rehab there was a number of times I got really depressed and the therapist helped me out a great deal. I don’t know if I could have made it through without her.”

“But I have Greg to talk to,” Dave said, shooting a loving smile at Greg.

“That’s true. However, a situation may arise that, no matter how much Greg wants to help, he won’t know how to deal with it. I’m not saying it’s going to happen. I hope it doesn’t, but if it does, we’ll be ready to deal with it and help you along.”

Dave shrugged. I guess you’re right. I don’t have to talk with a therapist if I don’t want to, right?” He queried.

No comments:

Post a Comment