Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Love Across Time, chapter 4


 Chapter 4 of my Wednesday briefs story, Love Across Time is now up. You can read it by clicking here.

If you have just come across my blog and would like to read the entire story, you can click here to get to the Wednesday briefs page.

Here is a sneak peek at what you'll find in chapter 4:

God what a fucking mess! What am I going to do about Ethan? I can’t stop thinking about him. “I still don’t know why the timeline wasn’t repaired when I retrieved whatever it was that I brought back. Maybe it’s supposed to be taken somewhere, or maybe it was there for a reason that would have righted whatever caused the timeline to skew.” He said to his boss.

“That’s perhaps the biggest pain in the ass we have to deal with in this job.” his boss, Duncan, said. “Too many maybe’s and what-if’s. Once the lab finishes their analysis of the fragment we might get some answers."

The only answer I'm really interested in is what to do about my feelings for Ethan. Ryan thought to himself. Aloud he said, "I hope whatever answers the lab comes up with have instructions on what to do attached."

"We can only hope." Duncan responded. He reached behind him to the music system just as Grace Slick belted out the words:  "One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small..." from Jefferson airplane's hit song "White Rabbit". "There's something else that's bothering you."

"Nah." Ryan denied. "I'm just tired and frustrated. I can't figure out how to fix the timeline alteration." Nor the alteration in my personal life.

"Oh, I think its more than that. I've known you too long.Talk."

"I wouldn't even begin to know where to start."


"How about the beginning?"

No comments:

Post a Comment